Monday, March 5, 2012

Truth: I'm tired of working out sooo much! I've never been a big fan of working out, it's hard work (durr)! But on the up side, it makes me feel sooo good (after I can catch my breath and sit down, ha!) Oh well, that's what I get for gaining weight, right? I'm determined to complete my goal though, day 15 of the 30 Day Shred is DONE and I can't believe I haven't missed a single day! Woo hoo! I also started my 2nd week of my Couch to 5k running. I thought my running time went up this week, but I guess I was wrong. 1 minute of running and 1 1/2 walking. Not bad, finished it without having to rest and it really is much easier when the wind isn't blowing like last week. I had to get some insoles for my tennies because my feet were killing me during the shred and my back was hurting after running, much better now. I honestly haven't been doing amazing with the eating, haven't been tracking over the weekend. I didn't go super crazy, but I didn't exactly eat healthy. I took the kids to the fair yesterday and really wanted all the horribly disgusting delicious food they have, but was semi proud of myself for just having a couple bites of Ben and Abby's corn dog and pizza. Enough of the workout and diet talk. On Saturday some people from our church had a hot dog stand out in the desert at one of the BIG off roading events out by the Salton Sea. It's called TDS (Tierra Del Sol). David's friend Rick started doing these hot dog stands a couple years ago, he goes and sets up on one of the trails and offers free hot dogs, his practical way of showing God's love. Well, this thing has grown like crazy! I had never been to the one at TDS but he does one out at Superstition as well (desert thats only 20 min. or so from us) that I have gone to a couple times. Anyways, we went out Saturday morning to TDS and hung out (I really didn't help at all because there were soo many people that showed up to help) but they served over 1,000 hot dogs, chips, sodas and water. It was crazy!! There were soooo many people and jeeps and more jeeps. I didn't take any pics, but it was really cool to see how many people came through and got free hot dogs and maybe even got a seed planted in their hearts about God's love for them. This crazy momma decided to take the kids to the California Mid Winter Fair....yup. David stayed out at TDS all weekend so the kids and I were bored. I kinda wanted to take them to the fair because that stuff is still fun to me and I like to let my kids experience different things and have fun (hey, they're kids!) but at the same time I didn't want to take them because I know how crazy and busy it can be and it honestly kinda freaks me out taking my kids out to such crowded events, especially by myself. But, like I said we were bored so I decided to take them. It was perfect. We went about noon on Sunday, before the crowds got too bad. The kids had a blast! I didn't really know what to expect with them and the rides, I didn't know if they would like them of get scared. Well, they loved them! I took a couple pictures and videos of the kids, here's my favorite...
How cute are my kids?!?! That was probably the most tame ride they did. They had a mini roller coaster for little kids and I think that was Abby's favorite ride. Ben loved the fun houses. He really really wanted to do the bumper cars and when we finally found them he was sooo dissapointed because he wasn't tall enough to ride them by himself and all 3 of us couldn't ride in one, bummer, next time! Well, this should be a somewhat uneventful week, which is just fine with me! Hope y'all have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment