Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I hate sleeping on the couch. I've always loved taking a nice afternoon nap on the couch, it's always seemed so cozy. Not after 2 nights of sleeping on it. I've been sleeping on the couch while David has the chicken pox...trying to keep as much of the germiness confined to our bedroom as possible and away from the kids as much as possible. As tempted as I am to sleep in our room again, I told him I'm not touching our bed until our whole room is completely disinfected! He is doing much better today. Alot of the pox are scabbing over and he has more energy and I think is starting to get antsy and ready to do something, anything. No sign of the kids getting them, time will tell.

Soo...the countdown has begun. The countdown till my last day of the 30 Day Shred that is. I did add a day for the day i missed this past Saturday, so my final day of doing the shred should be next wednesday. 7 more days. I am totally looking forward to being done with this!!! It has definitely challenged me. It's hard work. I don't know how much others can tell a difference, but I can totally feel the difference. I feel the muscles where there weren't muscles before. I have more endurance than I had before. I definitely have more confidence in myself. I'm seeing what my body is capable of when I just push it a little bit farther. I'm glad I challenged myself to this 30 days, but I will be glad when it's over!

My favorite blog to stalk these days is Mama Laughlin, and today she shared a success story on her blog. Finding Joy in the Journey. I just started reading this blog this evening and I'm already feeling a renewed sense of excitement. A desire to become healthier, not just by exercising, because I know I can do that, but a desire to start eating GOOD. She talks about how her food is fuel for her body and how you really need to 'fuel' your body right so that it will work right. Just like we wouldn't put dirt in a car and expect it to drive, we can't put all kinds of processed, nasty junk in our bodies and expect it to feel good and have energy to live our lives. I know what the good things are to eat, but honestly, I've just been lazy. Sometimes those good foods for our bodies take more effort to prepare, and sometimes they don't taste as good as that fast food sounds. But I know from experience how GOOD eating right feels. It feels like good, pure energy, no bloating, no gas (to be honest), and just clean. After eating clean and knowing how good it feels, why do we go back to eating soo bad?? Anyone have the answer? I sure don't, and if I find it and how to avoid it, I'll be sure to share. I've heard it before, but in this blog she reminded me that it's best to shop the perimeter of a grocery store which is where you find the fresh produce, lean meats, dairy, and other good stuff. Allllll those aisles in the middle are mostly made up of over processed junk.

I know that it's doable to shop from mainly the outside perimeter of the store, it may take a little more effort as far as preperation goes, but in the long run, it's all going to be worth it.

I just want to add how thankful I am for my parents. They may seem kinda weird and out there as far as health goes sometimes (not just to outsiders, but to us kids as well) but I feel like I'm better equipped as a parent and an individual. Better equipped in the sense that I know what things really are healthy and good for my body, and that different foods aren't really all that scary. I remember my dad growing sprouts in the window when I was a kid and I thought they were disgusting. Now, I love sprouts on a turkey sandwich with some yummy whole wheat bread. I have to say though Dad, I still HATE lentils!! GAG! I did try them again recently and just could NOT do it, sorry! But, all that to say, no matter how nutty my health ideas may be at times, I know my parents will support me (or be the source of my nuttiness :-) Thank you Mom and Dad for being the best parents EVER!!! I am soo incredibly blessed to be your daughter.

I guess I'll stop rambling for now. Tomorrow I'm going to do my 2nd run for the week, some more 3 minute runs, and honestly, I'm kinda excited about it. I know I can do it, and I know it's not gonna hurt me, and I'm actually kinda ready for the next time increase. Ok, goodnight y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment