Thursday, March 22, 2012

I think I've been putting this post off, but I can't just ignore it. I finished my 30 Day Shred yesterday! That's good news. I did take before and after pictures, and I can see some change in the pictures, but not quite what I was expecting. I can FEEL the change the most, which is really what matters I guess. But, I know I can't blame anyone but myself. Even though I was working out like a crazy person, I wasn't eating very well. I don't know if I was justifying the calories I knew I was burning or if my body just needed/craved more than I was trying to feed it, therefore I would do really good most of the day, and then dinner and after were huge fails it seemed like. Just disapointed in myself I guess. I worked that hard with my workouts and I feel like I ruined a good result just by not eating right. But, I'm not going to sit around and mope about it, I'm going to make a change.

I went to the grocery store yesterday and tried to do most of my shopping on the outside perimeters. I think I did pretty good too. I got apples, oranges, grapes, bananas, pears, carrots, broccoli, cucumber, lettuce, onion, peppers, limes, etc. The kids have already been devouring the fruit, makes my heart happy! I got some ground turkey, chicken, fish, bacon (yes bacon) and I still have some grass fed beef my parents gave me at Christmas. I got some eggs, almond milk, cheese, greek yogurt (yummmm, my favorite!) and more. I did a little research for meal ideas beforehand, which I think is a must if your going to try to cook healthy whole food meals. I'm excited about my recipe for tonight, I'll post it later if it's a success. So I feel like I'm on the right track as far as food.

Now, even though I have finished my full 30 Day Shred, I kinda felt like it would be a complete waste if I just stopped altogether. I still plan on running (taking a break this week while I'm still congested) but I feel like I need more. I've decided to keep running the 3 days and then on the 2 days during the week that I don't run, I plan on shredding. As hard as the Shred is, I felt sooo good while doing it, and like I already said, I don't want to see all the work I've done just disappear. When I do feel a little more confident with my results, then I'll post before and after pictures, starting with my before Shred pics, after Shred pics and so on. Sorry to disappoint.

Have I said how excited I am to see my family next week!??! And a shout out to my momma, Happy Birthday yesterday! (yes I did call her yesterday). She's the best mom EVER!


picture of my parents in Vegas, aren't they just the cutest?!? Oh, and my dad is the best Dad ever, but it wasn't his birthday yesterday ;-)

Hope everyone has a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment