Thursday, March 8, 2012

Sooo...my running time went up today. I feel kinda pathetic complaining about running for 90 seconds! What the heck?!?! Nah, it wasn't too horrible, but I had to work at it. Just building that endurance. I really need to do better on the eating, I'm not going crazy and eating everything in sight, and I'm staying around the 1500 calorie goal, but I know I'm not making very smart choices. I usually do pretty good at breakfast. I'll either have 2 of those oatmeal muffins, 1 muffin and a piece of fruit, or I'll make a smoothie with strawberries, bananas and or other berries. I bought like 7 pounds of fruit recently and divided it all up, about 1/2 - 1 cup per bag and then i froze some plain greek yogurt in an ice cube tray and added a couple of those to each bag of fruit. So when I want a smoothie, I just empty a bag into my blender and I've started adding about 1/2 C. of vanilla almond milk to add some sweetness, and I'll even add a little water just to thin it out a bit. I wasn't using the milk at first, was just adding water, but I needed a little sweetener, so that's what I did. Easy and yummy. So breakfast is good, but then lunch is when I get busy, so lots of times I'll just snack on the kids crackers and maybe a piece of fruit, which obviously isn't satisfying me, because by dinner time I'm starving. What I'm saying is that I need to eat healthier options. I'm not going to do a major diet overhaul right now though with the Shred and the running, just knowing myself, I would feel too much pressure and would totally fail. So, I'm already starting to play around with ideas about how to change up my diet when I'm done with the Shred. I'm kinda thinking I may challenge myself to eat only whole foods for I dunno, 2 weeks or so. Nothing with preservatives, just fresh fruits, vegies, lean meats, beans, stuff like that. I'm still mulling it over. But I know I want to do something. My question for the day...where do kids get ALL that energy from?!?! Good grief! I wish I could suck some of it up sometimes. And, who wants to come over and do laundry and clean house and cook dinner for me tonight?? Any takers?? Didn't think so. I guess I better get off my bum and get busy. Tomorrow is Friday though! WOO HOO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment