Friday, April 27, 2012

One week down! So, I have to say I was dissapointed yesterday when I weighed and i'll tell you why. I cheated and weighed on Tuesday I think? and was shocked when the scale said I had lost 9 lbs! I even stepped on the scale 3 times to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Well, it must have been too good to be true, I dunno what happened, but I stepped on the scale yesterday and had lost 6 lbs. That is not bad at all, and really I am happy with that, but I got soo excited about the 9 lbs! I was getting very frustrated yesterday because I am sooo tired of this 'obsession' with losing weight. I feel like it's consuming me sometimes, I think of nothing else, and I don't think that's healthy. I wanted to dump it all yesterday and eat whatever I wanted. I made crockpot lasagna for the fam yesterday and it looked and smelled soo yummy and cheesy, and then I made some delicious smelling garlic bread and then to top it all off, I let the kids have some leftover brownies and ice cream from a couple nights ago when we had Davids family over for dinner. These are alot of my favorite foods. But, I was proud of myself. I did allow myself to take a small taste of everything, like a pinch, but then I stuck to my guns and ate the right things. I had some blackened chicken smothered in a tomato sauce that I dressed up with onions, bell pepper, garlic, chili powder, salt, pepper and basil and then a big salad, it wasn't bad, not as good as lasagna, but it satisfied me. I was still itchin for something sweet after dinner, so I splurged a little and had a sliced apple with some almond butter and a little honey drizzled over the top, and that did satisfy my sweet craving. And then, I just drank alot of water. I am determined to do this! It's almost like an anger is coming out in me, an anger that I let myself gain this weight in the first place, an anger that I have to work this hard to lose it. But I keep telling myself, "just get it over with!". And I'm going to! I want to do this not to just look good, but to be confident in my skin, to be healthy, and to have energy and be able to run and jump and climb with my kids (and my hubby). So, I'm not giving up. 6 lbs. is awesome!!

My favorite snack lately...

oh yumm! They have been soo sweet and just yum, and the smell, just smells good and fresh!

Have a good weekend y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment