Tuesday, April 24, 2012

So, I wasn't going to post anything until Thursday, 1 full week since I started the hormone diet, so that I could give a weight loss update, but I didn't want to wait that long between posts. I'm sitting here drinking my green monster smoothie for the morning while Abby keeps trying to paint my face (pretend paint with her own little makeup brush, do I see a makeup artist in the making??) and her also pestering me to paint her nails (she loves to have her nails painted but she is not so good at sitting still while I try to paint them, oh well, I'm going to enjoy her being girly!

I'm almost over being sick, I feel wayyy better, but I'm still hacking up phlegm (sorry, but it's true). Just kinda annoying. I haven't started exercising yet, I'm aiming for next monday, get all this chest congestion cleared up.

I keep wanting to post about this but always get busy talking about other things, but today I don't have much to talk about, so I thought I would post about it today. I kinda get tired of people using others as examples of how they want to look. Of course it's ok to admire the way others look (like man she/he has good legs or whatever) but I think everyone needs to remember that we all have different body types and we are not all built the same, and we need to learn to love what God has given us. Me, for example, I am a pear shape. Small upper body and big booty. I used to always hate having a big booty because it's HARD to shop for pants and even shirts sometimes. Pants will fit in the booty but be loose in the waist, and some longer shirts wont fit over my hips and if I get a bigger size they just swallow me. I can try all I want to lose the booty, but it aint going no where! Thanks to my sweet husband, I have learned to embrace my figure (mainly the big booty) because he loves it. So, all I'm saying is, I hope everyone can embrace the body God gave them and not envy others legs, booties, waists, arms, etc.

Also, I guess I should throw this out there. Awhile back I said I didn't have a goal weight to get to, but I do have a goal size to get to. Right now (gasp, I can't believe I'm going to post this on the internet for the world to see) I am a loose size 14, tightish 12 (depending on the brand). My goal is a comfortable size 10. I've been that size before and I like how I look at that size, any smaller and I think it's too much for me (I could change my mind once I get to that point, but right now this is my goal.) I decided to buy some "goal pants". Now, ever since the whole skinny jean thing came in style, I honestly kinda made fun of it, but I think it's because I was secretly jealous that I couldn't look as cute as some girls in them. Well, my goal jeans are a super cute pair of black size 10 skinny jeans. They really are super cute! I can just imagine them with a cute flowy top and some cute wedges! Get ready cute little pants, because I'm on my way!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see you rockin' those size 10 skinny jeans!! You are doing an amazing job and I'm so happy that you are striving for a healthy body and attitude about what God gave you!! I need to grasp that mindset myself!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete