Friday, April 20, 2012

I started my 'cleanse/diet'. I guess it's not your typical cleanse because I'm eating and I decided not to take all the supplements and stuff (they just make me gag!). But, it's clean eating. I decided to share with you a day of eating on this plan, so here goes...

For breakfast I had this 'Green Monster' smoothie. I got my inspiration from Pinterest (duh) and tweaked it a bit so it would work for HD (hormone diet). It has around 2 cups of baby spinach (you can do more or less depending on what you want), 1 Tbs. almond butter, 1 sliced frozen banana, and 1 1/2 Cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (I added this much because the original recipe called for some greek yogurt, which I can't eat in this phase of HD). I add it all in my blender until green...

For lunch I made some blackened chicken which I took from this recipe and I made this yummy, easy greek salad dressing that I found on....Pinterest (yup). Ingredients for the dressing are: 1/2 C olive oil, 1/2 C red wine vinegar, 1 tsp. each of garlic powder, dried oregano, dried basil and dijon mustard, 1/2 tsp. onion powder, salt and pepper to taste. Mix all together and chill. It's yummy! I added the chicken and dressing to a salad with tomatoes, cucumber, carrots, etc.

And for dinner I got a little thrown off and had to just throw something together quickly. I made a taco salad. I just got some lettuce, carrots, cucumber, corn, browned some ground turkey with paprika, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper, kidney beans and homemade salsa. For the salsa I just a take a couple large tomatoes (whatever kind you want and however many you want), minced garlic (maybe 1 tsp? I never measure, just throw stuff in and tweak it as I go), fresh cilantro, chunk of onion, spoonful of sliced jalapeno, salt and pepper to taste. I put all this stuff in the food processor and pulse it. It's sooo yummy and fresh! So, that's what was for dinner, not bad! (and I did add cheddar cheese to the salad for everyone else, but I picked mine out) I would have added bell pepper and maybe some avocado or even make some kind of avocado salsa, but like I said, I was running low on time.

I also had half an apple and half a banana as a snack yesterday. I drank lots of water. And, I decided I wasn't willing to give up my coffee this time around, so instead of my usual coffee mate creamer with my coffee, I'm just using some of the unsweetened vanilla almond milk, it works.

My proudest moment yesterday was when everyone decided they wanted frozen yogurt yesterday evening. If you don't know me very well, I LOVE frozen yogurt and ice cream!!!! I could honestly eat it a couple times a day EVERY day, and I'm not exagerating! So we went to The Big Swirl and everyone got some yummy yogurt...except for me! And it really wasn't that painful! I didn't even take a taste of anyones. And another happy thing was that Abby got to eat her first bowl of fro yo! We have discovered that she is no longer allergic to dairy!! Woo hoo!! She's having fun trying all these things that she never got to enjoy with us, cheese, yogurt, ice cream, fun fun!

And, one last picture from yesterday. Looks like we will be doing alot of this for awhile. The hot weather has come our way once again. It's supposed to get up to 105 this weekend! I do think it's supposed to cool off some next week, but not too much. Have a good weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Come back to Texas to cook some of your amazing Pinterest recipes again!!!! We love you all, Mom

    ReplyDelete