Monday, April 2, 2012

I'm in Texas! We didn't think it was going to happen because of the pox epidemic our house encountered. But, Wednesday morning I woke up planning on changing our flights (which were for the very next morning) but it was going to cost double to do that, not cool! So, I talked to my mom and she told me to look at Abby and Ben and see how they looked. Ben had nothing, I wasn't worried about him. Abby still had spots but they were all scabbed over, which means she is no longer contagious. I was just worried they wouldn't let us fly because she still had spots. But, we decided to go ahead and leave the next day. THE NEXT DAY! I admit I kinda went into panic mode. I had done most of the laundry but still had a couple loads to do and had to pack, all in one short afternoon. It happened! I do not recommend planning and packing for a trip in one afternoon. The kids were good for me, we had no time for anything at the airport, security was insane and we got to our gate just in time to board, thank goodness I brought snacks. I thought we were going to have an hour layover in Vegas but that didn't happen. We had to haul butt to a whole other terminal for our second flight and just had a minute to grab a sandwich (gross pre made airport sandwich) and some chips and fruit. But, we made it to Grammy and Pots and it's so good to be here. Just wish my hubby could be here too, we miss him, he's my other half and I feel a little lonely without him even though I'm with my family. Enough of the travel stuff.

So, between having both kids home and getting over being sick, I hadn't exercised in over a week. I HAD to do something. So I brought my shred DVD and finally did it this morning. Whew! I dunno if it's just because I haven't worked out in too long or because I still had some congestion, but it was harder than I expected, but I finished it. I just did the first level and I feel good. I also tried this new smoothie I found on pinterest (shocking I know) but it was pretty good. I don't like them too thick, and this one wasn't, I suppose you could make it thicker if that's what you like. The recipe is: 2 handfuls of baby spinach, 1 cup of pineapple, 2 bananas, 1 cup of yogurt (I used plain nonfat Greek yogurt) and 1 cup of filtered water. This seemed like an awful lot of smoothie, so I halted it. Next time I will probably add a little ice or use frozen bananas.



We've got a picnic to get ready for. Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment