Monday, February 20, 2012

Long Time No See!

Sorry for the disappearance! Life is busy with 2 kids, especially since Ben has started school. But anyways, I have decided to kinda revamp this blog. As most of you know, ever since I had Ben I have struggled with losing the 'baby weight'. Kinda ridiculous now that he is 6, almost 7 years old! I'm tired of the up and down weight loss, the here and there exercise and the crazy eating habits! So after getting fed up with the scale and my clothes and being encouraged by friends posts on facebook about their weight loss and reading strangers blogs about weight loss, i have come up with a plan!

My goal is to update this blog every day (or as often as possible) with the things I eat, the exercises I accomplish and the goals I reach. I figure if I write this for the world to see, I can't just give up, that would be embarassing! I want to be healthy for my kids and a good example for them to live their lives, and maybe even an encouragement to someone out there! So here is my plan...

My plan is to eat 1200 - 1500 calories a day and track it! I found an app on my phone called My Fitness Pal. You can track your calories, exercise and even water intake. I plan on eating mostly whole foods (the good stuff), and drinking lots of water. I'm not willing to give up caffeine right now (hey, I've got 2 kids to keep up with!) but I want to drink it in moderation, only 1 cup of coffee in the mornings. As far as exercise, this may seem a little extreme to some of you, but this is what I really want to do! I've been wanting to do this for awhile now, and finally decided to just do it! No, I'm not planning on running a 5K, but i want to see if I can do it. I've just recently actually enjoyed running, but my endurance is aweful! I want to work on that and thought this would be a good way. I'm going to follow the Couch-to-5K Running Plan It seems very doable to me. Also, I'm going to do Jillian Michaels '30 Day Shred'.

I'm really excited about all of this! I know I can do it! I'm going to take before and after pictures so that I can see the change, but I may not post them on here for awhile, just don't think I can put that much of myself out yet! Ha! I'm off to start my journey, talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment