Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My favorite time of the day...kids are in bed sleeping like little angels, and I can finally just relax and enjoy the peace and quiet. Sometimes I don't know what I stay so busy doing, but I feel like I am constantly busy doing something. I'm not complaining, it's nice having things to do, it helps me stay active and not sit around all day wasting time on Pinterest or Facebook or snacking. It also helps me to enjoy the down times and not feel bored out of my mind, but just enjoy getting to relax and rest. But anyways, I've been helping with Awanas at our church. I help with the Sparkies class (kindergarten - 2nd grade). I get to listen to them recite the Bible verses they've learned and help them if they're having trouble with one. I really enjoy it. They are all such sweet kids. They can get pretty loud and have soooo much energy (how can I get some of that??) but I just love getting to hang out with them every week, and I love that they love coming every week and they each try sooo hard at memorizing their verses. So cool! I finished my 10th day of the Shred! I'm still on level 1, but I think I'm going to move on to level 2 tomorrow. I'm a little nervous because I've heard level 2 is the hardest of all 3, but I know I can do it. I definitely feel my body toning up, everything feels firmer to me. I don't really see the difference in the mirror, but I'm not going to do comparisons until I've finished the 30 days. I also did my 2nd day of Couch to 5k running this morning. Much better than the first! I didn't have to walk any of my running times!! Woo hoo! 1 more day of that this week and then next week I think it bumps up my running time and downs my walking time. Tonight I tried a recipe I found on Pinterest (shocking). It was these Tuna burgers. I'm not like a huge fan of tuna, but they sounded good and it sounded like something everyone in the fam might like, and it was healthy, so I gave it a try. They were pretty good. They smelled soo good as I was putting the ingredients together and they were fairly easy to make. You can find the recipe here . I also made a citrus coleslaw recipe that I found in a random cookbook I have. It had the coleslaw cabbages and carrots and then you add lemon or orange yogurt and some mandarin oranges. It was different but pretty good. I have several recipes I want to try, I'll try to take pictures of the ones that are good enough to share. Well, so much for my sleeping angels, Abby woke up and made her way in here and is now watching Barbie videos on my phone. Time to get her back in bed. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment