Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Texas!

You get 2 posts today!! We just got back from Texas last night. The kids and I were there for about 2 weeks and David flew in for a long weekend and to drive home with us. It was a wonderful trip, and instead of trying to remember everything we did, I'm just going to use my pictures to tell the story...

My mom flew into San Diego on a Wednesday so she could drive to Texas with the kids and I on Friday. We went and ate brunch at The Mission at Mission Beach. It was soooo good! I reccomend it to anyone. After we ate we went down to the beach and the kids ended up getting soaked, what kid can resist??

Grammy took the girls to get manicures and pedicures!

Pots read Sammy The Seal to the kids. As soon as he started reading I knew something wasn't right...he was totally making up his own version. It was pretty funny, but I think it was wayyy over the kids heads...they still laughed!

We went out to Nana and Papas house to BBQ and hang out and the kids got to slip n' slide! Soo fun!

We got a nice rain while we were at Nana and Papas and this is what we saw on our way home...

My mom and I took the kids to the Children's Museum. They love that place. They put on a small puppet show for us

and Abby was loving shopping!

We went over to Daniel and Ellen's one night for dinner and let the kids play with the water table, next thing we knew...

Grammy bought the girls new dress up clothes. Little princess'...or gangsters?? Haha!

Climbing trees!

And of course, no trip to Midland in the summer would be complete without going to a Rockhounds game. Ben with Juice the Moose!

We went to Dallas/Fort Worth for a weekend. This was my view out the car window on the way there, SO beautiful!

Kinda a dream come true! We stayed at the Westin at the Galleria in Dallas. They have an American Girl store there. I had a doll when I was a girl and of course thought Abby would love it. Grammy, Annie, Ellen, Abby and I went to the store and the girls got their first dolls. It was soo much fun! Definitely going back!

Abby and I with her new doll Brianna!

They had a small LEGO exhibit at the mall so I took the kids to check it out and this is one of Ben's creations...

My first ever Rangers baseball game! Soo fun!

He just had to have one of those fingers

Precious girls! They are such good friends! Really makes me wish we lived closer!

Me and my girl after the game. It was really hot...that's why I'm glistening...

Got to meet up with my cousin Nicole and her mom and little boy Tucker and her little Julia in her belly! So good to see her!

And no trip to Grammy and Pots would be complete without a big ol' bubble bath!

We had such a wonderful trip! Lot's of fun! Can't wait to see everyone again!









No comments:

Post a Comment