Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I think I'm finally back on Cali. time! Last week I was a total bum! I was tired and lazy the whole time it seems like.

Ben woke me up crying on Sunday morning. He said his lower back/side was hurting and it hurt when he had to go to the bathroom. I got a little freaked out because of his reflux and kidney issues when he was little, scared that it might be a UTI, which would mean we would need to go to the hospital and then start all over with the urologist and all that fun stuff. He never had a fever but he did start throwing up. After he threw up a couple times he said his back didn't hurt anymore and eventually it didn't hurt to pee. So I don't know. We're thinking that maybe he got a small dose of food poisoning (his daddy gets that easily) or maybe just a 24 hour bug or something. But, he woke up just fine on Monday morning, like nothing had happened. So thankful that it wasn't a UTI! God is good!

After eating like a crazy person while in Texas, I knew I had to get back on track when I got home. I've been eating tons of watermel on (yumm!) and salad. Not too bad really, my body was craving it I think. I decided to try a new workout as well. I found THIS on Pinterest and have been doing the one for the pear shape. I was honestly surprised at how hard it was. Not like super killer, but not easy! I want to try running again, just one day a week and see how my knees hold up, but that's not going to happen until this weather cools off just a bit, maybe possibly when Ben starts school next week, we shall see.

I found these little hot dog muffins on Pinterest and decided to make them for the kids. I tasted one and thought they were actually pretty good! I didn't follow the directions that were given but used the idea. I just bought a box of cornbread mix and some hot dogs, cut the hot dogs in 1/4 and put 2 per muffin tin, topped with cornbread mix and baked. Easy to make, kids and hubby liked them, so it's a winner!

I got new tennies too, I thought they were super cute...(picture by Abby)

Abby wanted "Barbie" makeup...so i gave her a lil makeover on Saturday, girls are soo much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment