Wednesday, August 22, 2012

School has begun! Ben was soooo excited for his first day of school...and then he got home. I could tell immediately that something wasn't right. He was grouchy and kinda mean. Turns out his first day of 1st grade wasn't quite as he expected. After some digging I found out he was sad that he didn't have the same teacher from last year and there was just too much work. I guess they jumped right into school work and he is a perfectionist so he took his time making his work look neat and therefore had a little homework (just 3 small pages). But he was bummed. I tried to give him a little pep talk, encouraging him to give it some time, it was just the first day. I'm happy to report that his 2nd day was better and just this morning he was telling me he was bringing stuff for his "boys club" that him and the other 2 boys in his class have made.

In other news, I'm going to be doing the yearbook for the school again this year, I'm excited about that. We're not going to start until after Labor Day, which gives me time to get things organized and figure out exactly what all I'm supposed to do. I also found out that I'm the crafts teacher for the month of September. I'm finding out that I'm gonna have to get my rear in gear, I'm bout to get busy! It's all good, I love that!

My poor Abbers got sick :-( She started out with a runny nose, no fever though and it slowly progressed to some chest congestion, coughing, wheezing and so on. The first 2 days were kinda rough but she's feeling much better today.

That's all I've got for now. I'll leave you with our first day of school pics...






No comments:

Post a Comment