Monday, June 18, 2012

Trying to get back into a routine...a fitness and healthy eating routine that is. Just to give you an example of the eating we've been doing around here, fathers day menu: BBQ brisket, crock pot Mac n cheese, biscuits, salad, and apple pie and ice cream! Yum!! It was worth it, that's my kind of splurging! But my body is feeling it. I started today off with a spinach smoothie (I need some new recipes!!), had a yummy blackened chicken Caesar salad for lunch, and had spinach topped with scrambled eggs, avocado and homemade salsa and fruit salad on the side. I ate better today than I have been, and I'm happy with that. I also finally got my butt in gear and did 20 minutes on the elliptical (kicked my butt) and then 10 minutes of weights (kicked my butt even more!) I was sweating like crazy when I was done but it felt soo good! That's something I don't understand, if it feels so good to get some exercise, why don't I do it on a regular basis, or stick to it when I am on a roll?? I dunno, maybe one day I will figure it out!

I needed the kids to keep busy for a little while last week while I cleaned and prepped for people coming over for dinner, so I gave each kid a canvas and some washable paint and let them go at it! They had fun and made some really cute pictures! I'll have to take pictures of the finished product and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to try my hand at some painting soon too! More projects to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment