Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I can't believe it has already come and gone, time flies! The kids and I were in Texas for almost 3 weeks and David joined us at the end. During our time there, we had a Christmas party with my moms side of the family, went to Heather and Clay Browns beautiful and fun Christmas party, took Ben to the ER because he was having a hard time breathing due to an upper respiratory infection, had a cookie decorating party with the little ones, progressive Christmas eve dinner with the Watkins and Browns, Christmas day with just our family, Christmas with the Campbell family in Ft. Worth (sooo good to see almost everyone!!), took care of David after getting nasty food poisoning (we think), stayed in Midland an extra day and enjoyed the snow! We had a very good trip, but we were all ready to head back to Cali. The kids and I are slowly adjusting back to our time zone, and just trying to take it easy after an eventful few weeks.

Abby cut another bottom tooth, so she has 3 in all. She is crawling all over the place, sitting up nice and tall, and pulling up on everything! She used to growl all the time, but, she has decided to start talking to us. She is just the sweetest thing and gets more beautiful every day. Ben is getting tall and skinny! He did lose some weight while he was sick, and has been eating like a horse ever since!

We went out to the desert for new years eve. It wasn't quite the shindig we usually have (no 200+ christmas tree bonfire). We just sat around a bonfire (made of huge stumps of wood) and took it easy. The kids and i only lasted until 10 and headed on home. I'm looking forward to another new year, watching my babies grow, trying to be the best wife and mommy I can, and going through any doors God has open for me. I am blessed beyond what i deserve and I know my God is the only one responsible for that.

David and my 5th wedding anniversary is on the 8th. Who woulda thought it?? I love that man more than ever, he's my best friend, he makes me laugh, he's the father of our two beautiful children, and he has stuck by me through thick and thin. Once again, I am blessed!

I pray that everyone has a blessed new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment