Friday, January 30, 2009

Live and Learn

Well, this week has been pretty uneventful, so that's why I havent blogged. I guess yesterday was pretty eventful, but im reluctant to write about it so my parents dont freak out. My morning just didnt start out good. I woke up from a bad dream, which is never a good way to wake up. Ben and I just lounged around for a little while and then got ready for the day. We were going to run some errands and take David lunch (which we do almost every day). David always gives me a hard time for texting or calling him to see if he needs lunch everyday, so i decided to not call him unless he called me and told me he didnt need lunch. So i hadnt heard from him and proceeded to leave the house to bring him lunch. Well, i was stopped at a stop sign, just around the corner from my house, was waiting to turn left (onto Ross, which is fairly busy) and a teenage guy, maybe 16 or 17, came up to my window and started knocking on it. He told me some guys were trying to jump him and asked if he could get in my car. I shook my head no and continued looking to turn onto Ross. The guy quickly walked around to my passenger side and tried getting in. Thank goodness my car doors looks automatically when i start the car, and i hadnt rolled my windows down. I was starting to get a little flustered, and then the traffic cleared somewhat and i was able to pull out onto Ross and get away. I dont know if he meant harm or was really trying to get away from those guys or what, but of course i wasnt going to take a chance with Ben in the car (or even if i was by myself). So I drove straight out to the shop, and right before i got there i got a text from David saying he already got lunch. Of all days!!!! So i got upset when i got to the shop and just drove off. I came home and David followed because he knew i was upset. We called the police to report it, just in case, but there wasnt much they could do since it had been about 30 min. since it happened and i didnt get a good description of the guy. David stayed home the rest of the day, which was nice because he has been soo busy lately.

We were supposed to go on date night last night, but Davids mom called and asked if i would go shopping with her. She wanted to get a new outfit for her other daughter in laws baby shower. I was more than happy to, and we had a very successful shopping trip! Marla and i arent very similar at all, but we have learned to enjoy each other and our differences, so it was nice to get to do something like that with her.

We dont have much planned for this weekend, or at least not at the moment. I did some pruning and fertilizing in my yard this afternoon (which may sound crazy for january, but its been in the 70s and 80s all month pretty much).

Well, i suppose that's enough for this post. I don't want anyone worrying about my little encounter yesterday, I kinda see it as a living and learning experience and thank God He kept us safe. I dont want to live in fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment